Virtual Reality Arts Lab: One-Day Workshop
Time & Location
About the Workshop
Experience how Virtual Reality (VR) and 3D immersive technologies are redefining the ART of the possible for creative people like you.
Whether you’re a painter, designer, sculptor, performer, storyteller, filmmaker, animator or creative innovator, immersive technologies are creating many new and exciting opportunities for your work to reach, engage and inspire audiences.
Discover how VR is the quickest, easiest and most intuitive way to create and translate your ideas into 3D: drawings, designs, sculpts, animations and performances for your audiences to experience and interact with.
This pioneering one-day Virtual Reality Arts Lab introductory workshop is ideal for artists of all disciplines and levels – especially adults without an IT background – and it’s designed to help you take your first steps towards unleashing your creativity in the 3D immersive space.
Using plain English, not IT jargon, and focusing on creating not coding, our industry expert will guide you through the range of digital technologies available – from 360-video through to full Virtual Reality (VR) and beyond – and show how you might use these for your own project(s) - regardless of your budget.
--- Over 16s only ---
- Experience fully-immersive Virtual Reality (VR)
- Learn about the range of VR tools available: including Google's TiltBrush, Medium or Quill.
- Enjoy an accessible introduction to these powerful technologies
- Understand the different types of VR and immersive technologies and what they each do and how to use them.
- Familiarise yourself with the VR equipment e.g. Oculus Rifts S and Quest
- Discover the different ways you can use and be creative with VR
- Learn what you can do with your finished immersive works / projects – exhibitions / revenue generation
- Explore future trends
- Network with fellow creatives
--- Lunch not included ---
Who can benefit:
As well as being a great opportunity to try full Virtual Reality (VR) for the first time, this workshop is a MUST for anyone working in or looking to move into the creative and arts sector.
- Writers / storyteller
- Arts Students
- Leaders of arts organisations / groups
- Graphic designers
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 37732998.
Maximum number: 12
Minimum participants: 4
- Workshop Place£89£890£0